As a Career and Executive Coach and Human Resources Consultant I provide coaching and Human Resources’ services to individuals, small to medium-sized businesses and not-for-profit organizations.
Over the course of my forty year career I held several senior Human Resources generalist and specialist positions in both the public and private sectors. Most recently, I was Senior Manager, Human Resources and Policy Compliance with Scotiabank in Toronto where I was responsible for the design, development and implementation of the Bank’s Occupational Health and Safety Program. In that role I spearheaded the design of the Bank’s policy development function, as well as coordinated regulatory reporting for the Bank with various regulatory authorities. Prior to joining Scotiabank I worked in various generalist and specialist roles across a variety of organizations where I was responsible for recruitment and talent management, employee/labour relations, compensation, succession planning, benefits and HRIS.
Below is a summary of my academic and coaching qualifications:
- Certificate in Adult & Continuing Education (University of Saskatchewan).
- Masters degree in Industrial Relations (Queen’s University).
- Masters degree in Public Administration (Queen’s University).
- Honours B.A. in History & Political Science (McMaster University).
- Retirement Options Trainer/Facilitator – 2019.
- Personality Dimensions Certified Trainer/Facilitator (Level I) – 2017.
- Associate Certified Coach (ACC), International Coaching Federation – 2017.
- Certified Professional Coach, (CPC), College of Executive Coaching, Arroyo Grande, California – 2017.
- Certified in EQ 2.0 & EQ 360 Assessment tools, Multi-Health Systems – 2017.
- Joint Health & Safety Committee (Parts I & II), OSG – 2016.
- Certificate in Alternate Dispute Resolution (Levels I & II), University of Windsor – 2000 & 2010.
- Certified Human Resources Leader (1990 to present).
- Vice Chair, Community Development Halton, Burlington – 2019 – present.
- Member, International Coaching Federation, Toronto Chapter – 2017 – present.
- Halton HRPA Webinar “Leading with Emotional Intelligence” – 2018.
- Halton HRPA Seminar “Practical Tips for Building an Effective Mentoring Relationship” – 2018.
- Niagara HRPA Seminar “Succession Planning: After the Baby Boomer Leave” – 2018.
- George Brown College “Landing Your First Human Resources Opportunity” – 2017.
- George Brown College “Using Coaching to Resolve Workplace Problems” – 2016.
- Mentor & Employment Coach, Halton Chapter, Human Resources Professionals Association – 2012 – 2017.
- Part-time Professor, Randy Pilon School of Business, Sheridan College – January 2019 to present.
- Instructor, Centre for Continuing Education, McMaster University – September 2018 to present.
- Career & Executive Coach, Career Compass Canada – Nov. 2017 to present.